Monday, September 12, 2011

Honiara Woman's Daybook

For Today...Monday, September 12th

Outside my window...kids playing on the SITAG trampoline, the wind kicking up white caps on the ocean, the mint I left with a friend trying to leap the boundries of it's pot on the porch

I am thinking...about taking a short nap

From the learning rooms...back to school today!  Reading "Across a Dark and Wild Sea" by Don Brown and "Marguerite makes a Book" by Bruce Robertson as we learn about the painstaking art of making books.  Studying the Byzantine empire and refraction/reflection.  Sarah - writing different kinds of news articles, measuring area and volume; Benjamin - writing a biography, ratio and proportion; Olivia - "be" verbs, water cycle, addition & subtraction of kilograms and grams; Katherine - letter U

I am thankful for...washing machines, ceiling fans, friends with food, some of the little comforts that make SITAG feel like a resort whenever we return from the village

From the kitchen...blintzes for breakfast, pizza pasta salad for lunch, and meat and potato quiche for supper


 
I am reading..."What Good is God?" by Phillip Yancey

I am hoping...and praying that Naomi's doctor's appointment gives us some answers today

I am creating...oh, this one always stumps me!  Hoping to get back to the snowflake stitching soon, but right now I'm just creating a nourishing home for my family.  I love my job!

I am hearing...the squeak of the trampoline and young voices outside the window

Around the house...almost unpacked!

One of my favorite things...undistracted time with my husband

Pondering these words..."How good it would be if we could learn that God is easy to live with.  He remembers our frame and knows that we are dust.  He may sometimes chasten us, it is true, but even this He does with a smile, the proud tender smile of a father who is bursting with pleasure over an imperfect but promising son who is coming every day to look more and more like the one whose child He is." -- A.W. Tozer

A few plans for the rest of the week...celebrating Naomi's 19th birthday tomorrow and getting Aaron ready to leave for Bangkok on Sunday

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...Katherine taking a bath and having fun in Marulaon when the last of the evening light was streaming through the windows



6 comments:

Abi's Blog said...

All of my kiddos would love the tub! We have a tub, not as large as yours, in the kitchen right now - it is our "ocean". They sure enjoy the water play! Wish we could have some water outside! Praying for rain!
Love,
Ava
It was 107 here again yesterday!

Kecia said...

Precious pictures! And that's a great Tozer quote.

The dB family said...

Welcome home again my friend! I'm playing catch up a bit again. Glad to read you're settling in nicely again.

Love and prayers!
Deborah

TheHarriman Family said...

So glad you made it back safely!! Katherine really is growing up! Can are little girls be almost 4 already!

Betsy de Cruz said...

I hadn't visited you in a long time. Loved your post and seeing the snapshot of your life this week.

Bless you as you create a nourishing home for your family. That is creative indeed. So is your blog!

Nahna said...

K still looks like her Daddy did...sometimes, more than others...

Thank you for doing such a great job with the blog.

I love you...and all.