Saturday, May 26, 2012

Collins Farms


We drove to Collins Orchards with my sister Rachel and Poppa to pick peaches and blackberries and to let Aaron get some work done yesterday morning.


I couldn't help but think about our colleagues in the Solomon islands and how much they would enjoy the juicy fruit we were picking.


Every little thing still seems like a celebration...spending time with extended family, enjoying a beautiful low-humidity day, marveling in the jewel tones of the fruit.



I hope I never get over the delight of little things.





Something else that gave me joy...cooking the blackberry cobbler in a pretty blue and white dish given to us as a wedding present.


I even got tickled watching my sister and my mom take synchronized bites of their cobbler.  Just having both of my sisters and my mom and me all in the same room, oh, it's been a good day!

3 comments:

Abi's Blog said...

Joanna,
So thankful for your time with your family. Your joy just radiates from the pages! I remember so well how much I cherished the time when Maeva came home from Uruguay and even when my nieces would come home from their home - only 8 hours away at the time. Thankful for you and your precious family!
Love,
Ava

Leslie said...

Such good gifts from God and such a good reminder to enjoy the things we often take for granted. I love the hydrangeas in the last picture and now I have a hankering for cobbler. Those peaches are BEAUTIFUL!!!

quilt'n-mama said...

Oh those peaches look yummy!
Shawn just planted a living fence of Blackberries along our back yard garden! I wish they would bear fruit this season but instead I am looking forward to next year:)
Gayly