Sunday, March 24, 2013

 
"I will exalt you, my God and King, and praise your name forever and ever.  I will praise you every day; yes, I will praise you forever.  Great is the Lord!  He is most worthy of praise!  No one can measure his greatness.  Let each generation tell its children of your mighty acts; let them proclaim your power.  I will meditate on your majestic, glorious splendor and your wonderful miracles.  Your awe-inspiring deeds will be on every tongue; I will proclaim your greatness."  Psalm 145:1-6
 
In my Lenten devotional book, I learned that the practice of reading Psalm 145 three times a day developed very early among the Jews.  "It is not hard to understand how the consistent praise of God shaped the lives of God's people and has the power to do the same thing for us today."  I like that idea, and it may become a new tradition at our house.
 
Proclaiming His greatness for:
 

-going out to walk and being surprised by an old wisteria vine around the corner just beginning to bloom
 
-celebrating twenty-three years of holding Aaron's hand.  It's our "hand-holding-versary" today!
 


-a sweet piano teacher who let us celebrate her birthday belatedly
 
-sharing a music stand with Aaron again as we play our cellos in "Savior" tonight at church.  If you live in the Dallas area, we invite you to come worship with us at 6!



-friends, no matter which side of the Pacific Ocean
 
-a crockpot to make the house smell good when we come in the door after church and to provide yummy food quickly for our rumbling tummies

 
-sweet five-year-old hands holding the fruit of the vine and the bread for the very first time this morning
 
-SITAG colleagues/friends moving into town today, just in time to help soothe our hearts for the other set that is leaving

2 comments:

Herding Grasshoppers said...

I sure wish I could come hear you both play!

Julie

Leslie said...

Good gifts, all of them, but especially first communion. Sweet, sweet!