Monday, February 24, 2014

Honiara Woman's Daybook


Just for today...Monday, February 24
 
Outside my window...a dark, "cool" rainy morning.  The kind of morning I really wanted to let the kids sleep late.
 
On my bookshelf..."The Quotidian Mysteries" by Kathleen Norris, on loan from a friend here
 
One of my favorite things...pick-your-own farms.  No matter where I live, this time of year always makes me ready to plant and look forward to harvesting.

Praying for...my cousin on a mission trip to Guatemala and friends on a mission trip to Hungary
 
Pondering these words...Take a look at a rose.  Is it possible for the rose to say, "I'll offer my fragrance to good people and withhold it from bad people?"  Or can you imagine a lamp that withholds its rays from a wicked person who seeks to walk in its light?  It could do that only by ceasing to be a lamp.  And observe how helplessly and indiscriminately a tree gives its shade to everyone, good and bad, young and old, high and low; to animals and humans and ever living creature - even to the one who seeks to cut it down.  This is the first quality of compassion - its indiscriminate character.  ~Anthony DeMello
 
Crafting in the kitchen...trying a new recipe this morning, cinnamon raisin muffins from Southern Lady, one of my favorite magazines
 
A few plans for the rest of the week...most of all, we're looking forward to getting Aaron home.  But we're also excited to get some of our favorite people back in Honiara for a while.  Last time they visited, they were brave enough to come out to Marulaon again.  You can follow their adventures as they work and serve in the Solomon Islands.  Other than pick ups at the wharf and airport, we have lots of meetings again this week, and another cooking day on Friday.
 
A peek into my corner of the world...no pictures because Aaron has the camera in Marulaon.
 

No comments: