Thursday, June 19, 2014

Friday, June 6

This morning, the District Priest held a communion service, and as part of the community, we shared papaya coffee cake for the Priest's breakfast, so  I took the tray down to Naris' house.

IMG_1256 - Copy (320x213)

I think the Russell Islands' most precious commodity isn't its coconuts or its timber, but the precious people who live here are the true wealth of the islands.  

IMG_1168 - Copy (213x320)

Gayly captured their beauty as we walked around the village and introduced her to our friends.  She brought pictures of her precious family who sent her with their blessings.  

IMG_1185 - Copy (213x320)

I stumbled along in my poor Lavukaleve, learning that the word for "adopted" can be feminine or masculine, singular, dual, or plural.  

IMG_1285 - Copy (213x320)

And Gayly patiently listened to me stumble, played with sweet babies, and ignored the heat and culture shock that I knew must be assaulting her. 

IMG_1320 - Copy (213x320)

No comments: