Friday, April 29, 2016

Sweet Sabbath

Sunday, April 24
 
"From heaven the Lord looks down and sees all mankind; from his dwelling place he watches all who live on earth - he who forms the hearts of all, who considers everything they do.  No kind is saved by the size of his army; no warrior escapes by his great strength.  A horse is a vain hope for deliverance; despite all its great strength it cannot save."  Psalm 33:13-17
 

I love Sunday afternoons.  They are a true Sabbath in the village.  It's the one time during the week when work ceases, people sit around and visit, kids play.  I need that time to help recuperate from a week full of giving completely the little energy that I have.  Little Rube (pronounced Roo-bay) was born the night my parents arrived for a visit in 2010.  He's a spunky guy.
 

I enjoyed a Sunday afternoon visit with Rube's grandparents, Ofoaen and David.  They were so sweet to sit and chat for a while.  I love their sweet and quiet spirits. 

"Every day now, I pray that God will multiply my feeble efforts in each area of responsibility to meet the needs of others.  I look to Him to see what He wants me to be involved in, and as I do all I can in each area, minimal though it might be, I can expect Him to multiply my efforts to the blessing of others.  I would find live very overwhelming if I didn't know we serve a powerful and gracious God at work.  This relieves a lot of pressure, for He can maximize our minimal efforts for His glory and the blessing of others." 

~Sue Eenigenburg & Robynn Bliss,
"Expectations and Burnout:  Women Surviving the Great Commission"
 

After a while, I moseyed on over to where our kids were playing.  Olivia quickly earned the name "vavatula", little mother.  She has this sophoric effect on little ones.  They love to snuggle up with her and drop off to sleep.

 
The other three enjoyed running around playing the village version of ultimate Frisbee for hours while I sat underneath the house visiting with the grownups and holding one of the twins who has increased the bay boy explosion here.  You know it's a successful afternoon when you get peed on, because it means your lap has been full of sweet baby goodness!

No comments: