Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Tuesday, November 15

Somehow, I always forget how beautiful it is here. Every time we come back, and I go out on our porch early in the morning, I'm overcome with the peace and beauty that God has placed here. Yesterday morning, I was reading in Ezekiel and was convicted when I read "Go through the streets of Jerusalem and put a mark on the forehead of everyone who is in anguish over the outrageous obscenities being done in the city." (Ezekiel 9:4) God reminded me that in the midst of the stresses of moving again and adjusting cross culturally again, he was more concerned about my heart and my attitude than my surroundings. Did I care about my heart in the chaos? Did I care about my neighbor's hearts and lives?

IMG_5497 - Copy (640x427)

The unpacking and settling in is going well. Having four older, very capable children helps things go quickly. We finished washing all of the dishes and unloading all of the boxes yesterday, and I enjoyed delivering almost all of the pictures I had printed in Australia. Today, we've been washing windows, mopping (again), weeding and trying to tame the overgrown yard, and cleaning all of the school books. We were able to harvest a small bowl of cherry tomatoes and none of our school books seem to be damaged by little critters or mold. Sarah's clothes didn't fare so well, one of her shirts hanging in the closet was molding.

No comments: