Thursday, June 6, 2019

Fish, Flooding, Family

Yesterday at market, Aaron was commissioned with finding a kingfish so our family would have something to put on the grill for an upcoming SITAG gathering.  He called with the news that the only one he could find weighed 41 pounds.  We agreed that it was a good buy because the steaks would be magnificent, and we could likely find another family at SITAG who would split the fish with us. (and we did!)  Faithful Patteson showed Aaron the best way to prepare the fish and shared his secret marinade recipe, too.  We all wanted to eat fish right away, but we enjoyed one of our favorite pasta salads instead while we wait for the cookout tomorrow.



This morning when I woke up, I found a text from my mom telling me that my grandmother needed to evacuate her home on Lake Conway.  She was wondering if we Grandma could move into our place.  As much as we would love to have renters in our sweet little house (please keep praying!), I'm grateful that our family can provide a safe haven for my grandmother for the next week while she awaits the receding floodwaters.

No comments: