Friday, October 25, 2019

Stuffed tomatoes

When Aaron or I go shopping for tomatoes at Honiara's beautiful Central Market, we find cute little grape or cherry tomatoes 99% of the time.  But every once in a while, I can find larger tomatoes.  These were about $0.25 USD each, and I knew exactly what to do with them - fill them with tuna salad.


This refreshing meal reminds me of our sweet sending church in Memphis.  The sweet ladies there introduced me to stuffed tomatoes at our Wednesday night fellowship meals.  So not only does this meal make my mouth happy, it makes my heart happy, too, as I remember all the times we shared meals with our church family.


This meal was extra special because we waited to eat until Aaron got home from the village.  He decided that the best stewardship of our time, energy, and money was to take a few hours to come back in a motor canoe instead of riding on a copra ship for two days.  The house immediately brightened when my tired, sweaty, and sun-kissed husband walked through the door and sat down at the table to catch up with his girls.

No comments: