Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Tuesday, February 25

The bells rang 83 times just before six o’clock yesterday morning to start St. Matthias Day off bright and early. The church was packed with visitors from all over the West Russells, and we surprised lots of people by showing up in church. The cell phone tower that is planted in Yandina has been down for almost three weeks, so nobody knew that a ship had arrived in the middle of the night. I got lots of sweet smiles and discreet hugs as people quietly came in and sat near me. Olivia did sing in the choir. I’m so proud of her fortitude!


After church, Olivia and Katherine went off with their friends so Olivia could practice dancing. Aaron and I tackled a few boxes, and my sweet friend Margaret Rasol brought us some delicious fish and lelenga. She knew I didn’t have any chance to prepare food for the feasting today. I felt so encouraged by her! The afternoon was full of dancing and visiting in between performances. I still felt like I was on boat anytime I got still, so I didn’t make it through the whole afternoon before I needed to retreat into our house.


Shortly after the program ended, Ezekiel dropped by. He and Aaron drank coffee and made plans for the translation team for a couple of hours while the girls and I unpacked. When we finally ate supper, Olivia said, “We’ve been here less than 24 hours!” Indeed, my spunky one. God has given us the strength to pack a lot in, and it’s been a good day to be part of the community.

No comments: