Thursday, July 29, 2021

Life Long Learning

 


I am loving all of the professional development classes I get to take to keep my teaching license current.  Last week I attended a session about Arkansas' book awards, the Charlie May Simon and the Arkansas Diamond.



I promptly put as many books as possible on hold at our library and created a book corner with post it notes for reviews.  So many good books!


I also attended another two day session where we studied more of the geology of the Arkansas River Valley, particularly at Mt. Nebo and Petit Jean State Parks.



In addition to learning a ton about rock formations, I enjoyed getting to know other teachers from around the state.  I was the only non science teacher, and they welcomed me into the bunch like I had been teaching science for years.  


We finished our hot day of climbing around on rocks with stopping for cold and refreshing ice cream.

No comments: