Wednesday, July 3, 2024

What's Saving My Life...Cancer Edition


Modern Mrs. Darcy occasionally features "What's saving my life right now" on her fabulous blog. So here is my cancer version :)


During the worst of the chemo, I alternated the strawberry popsicles with the blueberry popsicle recipe to help calm the sores in my mouth and give me nourishment. 




I benefitted from friends who know me well and shared happiness in the form of a cheerful tea infuser (because I drank copious amounts of tea during chemo) and zinnias from a two-year-old.



And always, always, Aaron and I walked in the mornings. My goal was to hit 10,000 steps, no matter how slow, each day. This particular morning, I could only manage a short route, but the Lord provided a smile in the form of a raccoon family going home after a busy night on the town.
 

No comments: