Thursday, April 9, 2009

Jelly Bean Rainbow

Another Easter tradition for the Choate family (from the book "Celebrate Jesus at Easter" by Kimberly Ingalls Reese):



Orange is the twilight night He prayed.


Black is our sin stain for which He paid.


Red is His own shed blood so bright.


Yellow is the Son's warm, healing light.

Purple is His head crowned with thorns.

Pink is hope risen on Easter morn.

Brown is the ground where He was laid.

Gray is the stone that was rolled away.

White is God's grace we freely receive.

Green our eternal life when we believe.


All of these colors represent something true:


Jesus Christ, God's own Son, died for me and died for
you.




We brought some cute bags with us so the kids could deliver the jellybeans to the neighbors. It's a sweet way to spread the joy of Easter!

2 comments:

Mich said...

I love this idea! I think i'm going to try it! Thanks for sharing.

I found your blog through a friend's blog.

God bless.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you are so organized to remember to take sacks for Easter...I love you all.

Nahna