Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Just call me Georgia...

As part of our study of the American artist Georgia O'Keeffe, we decided to paint our own watercolor masterpieces of flowers. We grabbed some empty toilet paper rolls (an essential in the craft bin!) and went outside to choose our subjects.


I took pictures of flowers and the kids each brought in a flower. They gazed at it through the tube to help them shut out distractions and see the intricate parts of the flower as Georgia might have seen them.

Then the painting began! The kids were very diligent and detailed with their paintings, must get the artistic genes from their dad.


Sarah's creation




a close up of Benjamin's painting

and Olivia's masterpiece

7 comments:

Ruthanne said...

Very good!

quilt'n-mama said...

these are beautiful! what a fun and amazing project! I wish I was half as creative with art with the kids as you are! WOW! We are praying for you guys this week!
Blessings,
gayly for the C crew

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! I am not surprised, but am amazed at the artistic flare of each artist in the Choate household. Thank you for sharing. These seem like subjects for framing...wish I was there to do just that.
I love each of you and am so proud of your accomplishments.

Nahna

Mich said...

What talent! Their pictures were beautiful!

Chelley said...

How cool!!! Beautiful Pictures!! I Love Georgia O'Keefe!

Arin Rollins said...

Beautiful!! What talent you have there!

Christy said...

Beautiful!

I was at the Boston Museum of Fine Art today...I looked for the O'Keefe's but they weren't out. I did think of you guys when I saw their 3 van Gogh's though!