Sunday, April 19, 2009

Psalm 121

We will pass these mountains as we boat out to Marulaon. They are just across the bay from our home in Honiara.

Psalm 121 is one of Benjamin's memory passages this year for school. I've also been chewing on it as part of a Bible study (thanks to a fabulous group of ladies at Woodland Height Baptist Church). This psalm has become more real to me as we prepare to travel, again, and as we are living (for the first time ever!) near majestic mountains. I look out the window at the mountains of the Solomon Islands, and I am reminded that the same God who created these mountains and the vast Pacific Ocean is the God who watches over me and my family. He protects each step of this amazing journey. Nothing can reach us that hasn't already been sifted through His fingers and allowed to come our way. He strengthens us and enables us to be victorious on this adventure of life.

2 comments:

The Hibbard Family said...

We are memorizing Psalm 121 right now! What a treasure to be united through Scripture memory across the many, many miles!

Anonymous said...

One of my favorite Psalms since I did STEPPING UP. I pray that you are safely on Muralaon and that the week of transition and work has begun in a wonderful way.

We love you and pray for you each day.

Love you,
Nahna