Monday, September 7, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook



Please visit Peggy and add your own day book.


For Today...September 7, 2009


Outside my window...we've had lots of rain during this last week (I went to market yesterday in the rain and waded through ankle deep puddles), the scarlet lorakeets are beautiful chattering in the trees


I am thinking...about the sweet Chinese babies at Starfish Cleft Home


From the learning rooms...we have the week off because of SITAG's Conference


I am thankful for...the absolutely amazing volunteers that have come to care for our children during conference, Wycliffe Associates are the best!


From the kitchen...cinnamon rolls and fruit smoothies for breakfast, the big kids will have sack lunches while Aaron, Katherine, and I will eat tuna salad, crackers, and carrot sticks at home, and tonight we'll just have a simple pasta bake.


I am wearing...blue jean skirt, green t-shirt, rosewood bangle inlaid with shell and tortoise shell ring (both bought here in Honiara)


I am reading...SITAG bylaws, thrilling, let me tell you


I am hoping...and praying that my sweet husband continues on his steady road to recovery


I am creating...this blog post


I am hearing...everybody finishing their last minute preparations before we dash out the door


Around the house...the freezer slowly emptying, switching our bedroom back to the "master suite" since our guests have gone, just maintaining until Conference is over


A few plans for the rest of the week...conference Monday through Thursday, taking snacks for Katherine's class and the adults' morning tea break on Tuesday, company Tuesday and Wednesday nights as well as Friday morning


Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...
the camera has been misplaced in all of the chaos, sorry

1 comment:

TheHarriman Family said...

I LOVE your story about the glasses. Isn't it amazing how God knows even our simple needs! Tell Aaron to get better. All of us passed around mono 2 years ago and it wasn't fun! Be careful--it is highly contagious:-)