Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Brisbane Woman's Daybook

For today...Wednesday, October 6

Outside my window...a beautiful tree full of purple blooms, bulldozers tearing down a building across the street with great cacophony.

I am thinking...about how expensive everything is here in Australia
.
I am thankful for...the persistent dentist who finally figured out what was causing me all of that pain, and he fixed the problem, too!



I am wearing...braided hair, beaded red earrings, a white t-shirt and a deep red and white patterned swirly skirt I found at a second-hand store here.



In the learning room...off for a few days while we transition back to Honiara.



I am remembering...sweet times with a friend in Memphis who just passed away yesterday. Margaret, we love you and are praying for you and your family.
I am going...to fly back to Honiara tomorrow.

I am currently reading...a couple of mysteries by P.D. James that are in the apartment.
I am hoping...that we can get everything ready for the next trip to Marulaon in just three weeks.

On my mind..."The Lord, your God, is in your midst, a warrior who gives victory; he will rejoice over you with gladness, he will renew you in his love..." (Zeph. 3:17 RSV) How I need the renewal of His love flowing through me and the victory He gives.

Noticing that... Katherine is loving her new "Laundry Day" lacing beads from HABA.

Pondering these words..."What we need is a big picture of a great God who is utterly committed to joyfully demonstrating his greatness in doing us good. That is, we need to see the majesty of God and know the splendor of God overflowing toward us with exuberant omnipotence. It is not enough to believe that God is big and strong and fearsome - which he is. We must experience this magnificence as the explosion of God's uncontainable zeal to satisfy his creatures by showing them himself." --John Piper

From the kitchen...oh, we've had fun in the kitchen here in Brisbane. Lots of baking and lots of veggies and fruits that we can't get in the Solomons. Today, it's just leftovers as we clean out the fridge.

Around the house...the all too familiar sight of action packers full and waiting to go.

One of my favorite things...the sweetness and familiarity of falling asleep with Aaron's arm across my back

From my camera...the huge tree hanging over the driveway and shedding its fragrant blooms on the clothes hanging on the line

2 comments:

Nanny said...

Your gorgeous purple tree is a jacaranda...the signal that spring is here. I love you.

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Oh I miss those jacaranda trees - they look AND smell heavenly! Wish they grew here...

Julie