Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Celebrating Autumn


We're trying to pretend that the leaves are changing colors and that the temperatures are dropping, when in reality, we're headed into summer and the hottest part of the year.


Celebrating autumn has been short and sweet - a few books, a few crafts, but lots of fun! I can't wait to introduce my kids to a "real" autumn in a couple of years, but right now, we're so thankful for our tropical paradise with its incredible flora and fauna.

With a little help from Sarah, Katherine created a hilarious story about her oak leaf creature, "Pink". He even traveled to Singapore and to Arkansas!

2 comments:

The dB family said...

Lol! Pink is well traveled! I love autumn, but winter I can do without. I actually looooove the heat -- well, most of the time.

Love and prayers!
Deborah

Abi's Blog said...

Katherine, I love your oakleaf character - I know your story was A+ Happy Fall! I like it that he traveled to Arkansas.
Blessings,
Ava