Monday, April 18, 2011

Saturday, April 16

We spent the day cooking:  tuna fish, Chinese cabbage, and umalau in a curry coconut sauce for lunch, lelenga to go on the fire before Evening Prayer, and pumpkin leaves to serve to the visiting catechists after Evening prayer.  While I was picking the munu leaves off of the branches Aaron had hacked down for me, I found a huge red spider.  Needless to say, it surprised me, and I hollered.  Aaron heard me from the house and called out to make sure I was okay.  I left the last few leaves on the branch where the spider was hiding, and stacked up the leaves, thinking I would come back and take the last few leaves (munu amane) after the spider made its exit.  I put the lelenga on the fire and went back for the munu leaves.  First I shook the branch really well, then I took the top leaf.  Much to my chagrin, the spider had merely moved underneath the leaf!  So, I left the last few leaves and carried the big branch to the brush pile, spider and all.

tata bakeil

1 comment:

Arin Rollins said...

Oh, Joanna, spiders are the worst! But looks like you had an amazing Easter! Praying for you all!