Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Marulaon Daybook

For Today...Monday, April 18

Outside my window...sunshine!  We continue to have a great balance of sun for the solar panels and rain for the rain tanks.  Thanks to all of you who are praying for God's gifts of sun and rain for us!

I am thinking...about my sister who has a birthday this week.  Happy birthday, Rachel!

From the learning rooms...Ancient Greece (we love our paper dolls that follow the chronology beginning with the Cretans); Sarah - beginning Teaching Textbooks Pre-algebra, dialogue, attributions, & appositives; Benjamin - percentages, using adjectives in descriptive writing; Olivia - mulitplying ones, tens and hundreds, choosing between "a" and "an"; Katherine - Easter story and activities

I am thankful for...the ban on work this week so Aaron and I will have extra help with language learning this week

From the kitchen...oatmeal, stroganoff, and leftovers, sounds boring, but the stroganoff was certainly a treat as we used some of our rations of ground beef and cream (for the sour cream)

I am wearing...village clothes

I am reading..."Little Lord Fauntleroy" by Francis Hodgson Burnett

I am hoping...that Katherine's pink eye (they call it "red-eye" here) clears up soon

I am creating...cookie dough so I can practice cooking with my friends

I am hearing..."School House Rock"

Around the house...on the porch, freshly planted morning glories and tomatoes next to Chinese Cabbage and peppers waiting to be transplanted after Holy Week

One of my favorite things...azaleas.  They should be blooming about now in my Mom's yard.

Pondering these words..."Happiness is a thing to be practiced, like the violin."  - John Lubbock

A few plans for the rest of the week...trying to bake cookies again with Kiko on Tuesday afternoon, three church services a day to celebrate Holy Week, Aaron holding mini-workshops every morning to learn language and to take advantage of all of the people around Marulaon this week, making hot cross buns, resurrection cookies, dying Easter eggs, and baking Easter basket cupcakes over the long weekend coming up

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...the forest of fungi growing on top of the stump I use to reach munu leaves

fungi forest

No comments: