Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Dallas Museum of Art



This morning, I took the kids to the Dallas Museum of Art's "First Tuesday" (meaning it's free!).



The museum had great programs stretching across disciplines, and even though the activities were mostly for preschoolers, my big kids still enjoyed themselves.


A lunch break outside helped renew everybody's spirits and refueled us for walking around the museum for a couple more hours.


 Katherine has loved Freida Kahlo as long as I can remember, so she was thrilled to find a self-portrait.  Katherine wanted to take a picture of her favorite artist.

Of course, I fell in love with the glass from the Colonial American period.  Beautiful, yet functional.


I think one the favorite activities of the day was the courtyard where the kids could play with hula hoops.


I'm always amazed at the creativity God put in different people in so many ways!  The DMA was full of thousands of years of people expressing the beauty and creativity that reflects our creator.


And last but not least, the sculpture out front that the kids think needs to be renamed - "Six piece reclining figure"

3 comments:

The dB family said...

Looks like fun!! Can you believe the most we did this summer was go to the beach a few times? Yes, I was that worn out :o). Looking forward to catching up with you again!

Blessings!
Deborah

Abi's Blog said...

Love the dishes!! :) Blessings to all of you.
Love,
Ava

Choate Family said...

Deborah,
Going on field trips wears me out, too! But I have to make up for years of being overseas. I think you did exactly what you needed to do this summer - rest is good thing!

Ava,
I think I would be afraid to use such beautiful and old dishes, but I did enjoy looking at them :-)

Joanna