Friday, November 16, 2012


A bad cold  has robbed my voice and left me longing for my bed for the last several days.  So this morning I got up to fix a quick breakfast of crescent rolls spread with artichoke & spinach cream cheese, rolled up, and baked (so thankful for recipe suggestion on the back of the cream cheese box!).  Super easy & yummy paired with orange "smiles".


Then I went back to bed.  Katherine joined me for "bed school".  We took turns reading to each other.  She in her slow methodical way, and I in my whispers punctuated by drinks of water.


The big kids came in from time to time to bring me math or science to check.  They have been so good to listen carefully when I whisper and to give me a chance to slow down.


My children truly make homeschooling work for our family. I'm so grateful for the minds God created in us and that we all love to learn and read and discover.  Yet another one of God's good gifts to us!  They are all gathering in here now to take turns reading history out loud in just a few minutes...


"Self-education is the only possible education; the rest is mere veneer laid on the surface of a child's nature."  ~Charlotte Mason

2 comments:

quilt'n-mama said...

so fun to read about your school days! And to see sweet katherine reading her little readers- Nate is reading the same:)
Hope you get to feeling better soon and looking forward to seeing you next week:)

Abi's Blog said...

It is so evident that your children DO love to learn and that they have a great teacher.
Love and blessings,
Ava
Feel better! We have Henry tonight and he is running a fever. :(