Monday, November 12, 2012

Texas Woman's Daybook



For Today...Monday, November 12

Outside my window...brilliant blue skies and much cooler weather after that cold front swept through yesterday

I'm hearing...the construction going on next door.  Our church is building another educational building, and we've enjoyed watching each step of the process.



A heart of thankfulness...for the men and women who have served our country, especially Aaron's grandfather (who served under General MacArthur) and Aaron's dad

I'm creating...an advent calendar of sorts focusing on God's good gifts to us

I'm reading..."The Sherwood Ring" by Elizabeth Marie Pope.  This may be my new favorite read-aloud with the kids.

From the kitchen...cranberry orange muffins from The Back in the Day Bakery cookbook (and enjoying the vintage dishes I found in Canton!)



Pondering these words..."A submissive heart is always the fruit of humility, an understanding of our helplessness and frailty.  The humility that acquiesces to being led, managed, and trained flows out out of an understanding of one's own lostness and a growing understanding of and trust in God's great offer of life.  Only the good news of the gospel produces a truly submissive humilty of heart."  ~Elyse M. Fitzpatrick

A few plans for the rest of the week...trying to stay quiet and close to home so Aaron can focus on studying and preparing for Saturday's comprehensive exams.  I'll take the kids to the Dallas Zoo tomorrow, but other than a couple of extra choir rehearsals filling up our evenings, we'll just enjoy a "normal" week.

A peek into my corner of the world...enjoying the cooler weather by doing school underneath the drier vent


2 comments:

Herding Grasshoppers said...

I LOVE the pic of the kids doing school under the dryer vent :D And cranberry orange muffins are some of my favorites - maybe I'll make some tomorrow, now that you've inspired me!

Julie

quilt'n-mama said...

I love "Dryer vent"school:) It has gotten really cold here in the mornings so no outside school for us this week.
Muffins look awesome too!