Thursday, November 29, 2012

Texas Woman's Daybook

Just for today...Thursday, November 29
 
Outside my window...a strong south wind and lots of sunshine.  Warming up beautifully into the 70s, so it doesn't really feel like the end of November
 
I am hearing...the dryer, kids practicing their choir music, the hum of a house finally recovering from a big road trip
 
Around the house...a Fire King bowl (love that Kimberly pattern) filled with peanut butter M&Ms
 
 
 
I am creating...some Christmas presents and finishing up our Advent calendar.  An emergency run to JoAnn fabric & craft store this afternoon, I think.
 
A heart of thankfulness...for the new computer provided by an offering from First United Methodist Church in Minneola, Kansas.  God's timing is always so perfect.
 
 
From the kitchen...carrot-raisin muffins from "The Back in the Day Bakery Cookbook"
 
 
 
Noticing that...I'm really looking forward to Advent & Christmas.  Let the anticipation and celebration of the gift of Christ begin!
 
Something I want to remember for later...the first words I heard out of Benjamin's mouth on Thanksgiving morning.  "Happy Thanksgiving, Mom.  I'm so thankful for you!"
 
From the learning rooms...Eli Whitney, Edward Jenner, Noah Webster (just found a great picture book, "Noah Webster & His Words" by Jeri Chase Ferris); Sarah is studying powers & exponents in algebra, Benjamin just began a big unit on fractions, Olivia is reviewing multiplying & dividing by tens, hundreds or thousands, and Katherine is learning about number bonds
 
One of my favorite things...catching up with people I haven't seen in years
 
A few plans for the rest of the week...the week is almost over.  It's just flown by, but tonight the kids have a Southwest Children's Chorus rehearsal, and tomorrow we are attending The Nutcracker Ballet before we drive to Houston for the weekend
 
A peek into my corner of the world...our simple little Advent calendar
 
 

3 comments:

Leslie said...

LOVE that bowl and the wonderfully bright colors. Bowls are my latest thrifting addiction. Blessings!

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Sounds like a wonderfully lovely week at your house... I would treasure those thanksgiving words too!

Julie

quilt'n-mama said...

Hope your trip to Houston is wonderful!
I love your advent calendar friend!