Saturday, April 27, 2013

Going out with a bang!

 
Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy.  Then it was said among the nations, "The Lord has done great things for them."  The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy.  Psalm 126:2-3
 
 
We've got eight weeks left in Texas.  And so begins the series of goodbyes and last times.  Last night, we attended our last Dallas Symphony Orchestra concert and experienced a sweet time of laughter and fellowship in addition to some fabulous chamber music.  The Lord has certainly done great things for us by providing us with new friends and allowing us to dive into the world of music again.  Our tanks are overflowing as we prepare to go back to the Solomon Islands and pour ourselves out again...

3 comments:

Betsy de Cruz said...

Hi! Do you know, I don't know your name and feel bad about that. Don't see it. I just wanted to pop in and say thanks for your GREAT comment on my language learning post. Do you mind if I quote you on my next post? Blessings on your day!

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Oh Joanna, it's bittersweet, isn't it? Lean into it, my friend :D

Julie

Choate Family said...

Olive Tree, you are welcome to quote me. I think you will be the very first :-) Thanks for the encouragement you give to women serving overseas!

Julie, you always seem to know exactly what to say. I appreciate that you don't stay hidden in bloggy world!

Joanna