Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's Day

My dad's dad holding me.  My grandpa is still super handsome.


"A man's garden and his children both reflect the amount of weeding done during growing season."  ~Anonymous
 

My dad took me to work before "Take your daughter to work" day was official.


"The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother."  ~Anonymous


Benjamin with Aaron's paternal grandfather

"It is a wise father that knows his child."  ~William Shakespeare


Aaron and his dad, back when they both had hair

Aaron and I are so blessed to have our fathers and our paternal grandfathers still on this earth for us to enjoy.
 


Their examples, and the examples of our mothers and grandmothers, too, have helped shape us into the parents we are now.  The ripple effect will continue to grow and influence our children and grandchildren.
 



I always knew Aaron would be a great daddy, but I had no idea that he would be so in tune with their hearts.  He engages our children at their very core, plays with them in the floor, listens to their struggles, and patiently lives out Deuteronomy 6.
 


1 comment:

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Oh, that is lovely - happy Father's Day, Aaron :D

Julie