Monday, June 10, 2013

Texas Woman's Daybook

Just for today...Monday, June 10
 
On my bookshelf..."The Omnivore's Dilemma:  The Secrets Behind What You Eat".  Somehow I got the "young readers" edition when I put this book on hold at the library, but even this version is giving plenty of food for thought. 
 
A heart of thankfulness...a sweet couple from church invited us over Saturday afternoon for a break in packing.
 

We made hand cranked vanilla ice cream,
 


played on their beautiful antique organ,
 


and enjoyed a game of croquet in their backyard.
 
Praying...for the Lord to "strengthen" those on my prayer list.  I've printed out these minute prayers so they can be at my fingertips.
 
One of my favorite things...surprise morning glory blooms!  I didn't think I would get to see them, but I found two sweet white blooms in one of my pots in the back yard.

 
 
From the learning rooms...we are officially out of school until July, but I've picked up a couple of resources to prepare our minds for American History while we pack:  "The American Patriot's Almanac" by William J. Bennett and Jon T.E. Cribb and a video, "History Classics: Conquest of America"
 
Pondering these words... "I never look at the masses as my responsibility.  I look at the individual.  I can only love one person at a time."  ~  Mother Teresa 

Good words for me to remember as we get ready to return to the Solomon Islands.
 
Crafting in the kitchen...we're down to cleaning out the pantry, fridge, and freezer, so it was just tuna salad for our new Resource Coordinator that joined us for lunch today

 
 
Planning for the week ahead...one day at a time.  Trying to think about the whole week is overwhelming.  So thankful for many people to see and many special things to do in and around our packing.
 

1 comment:

Herding Grasshoppers said...

So much joy in your house, Joanna :D Love the morning glory!

Julie