Thursday, October 29, 2015

On the road again...

 
As we hit the road again this morning, I'm so thankful we've had a few days to be home and to enjoy some of the joys of a little calmer schedule.  Grateful for things like:
 

-Hanging sheets on the line with bright blue skies overhead
 
 
-Little hands making carrot messes
 

 
-Carrot messes turning into carrot molasses muffins to eat with enough left over to share
 

-Catching the family up on medical appointments

 
-Enjoying herbs and tomatoes that have decided to flourish now that the summer's heat has diminished
 
 
-Finding ways to use all those herbs in big batches of spaghetti sauce and basil lemon salad dressing
 
 
 -Finding a cute little inch worm (reminded me of "Slimy" from Sesame Street) on one of the many sprigs of oregano we harvested for the spaghetti sauce

 
-Getting morning snuggles underneath my gorgeous quilt from Julie
 

-Exercising and getting caught in the much needed rain with my delightful exercise buddy

 
-Sarah catching up on embroidery while I read "Mountain Born" (one of my favorites) out loud

No comments: