Sunday, March 13, 2016

Sweet Sabbath

"Since you are my rock and my fortress, for the sake of your name lead me and guide me."
Psalm 31:3
 

Today didn't go exactly as planned.  We were supposed to be sending Henk and Aaron on the ship this morning.  Instead, God clearly closed that door because the ship was having engine trouble and wouldn't allow Aaron to buy a ticket for Henk. 
 

And because the whole family had been battling a stomach bug since Thursday night, I was delighted to stay home this morning and enjoy a slow, restorative Sabbath rest.  Sarah made us a delightful Norwegian Cinnamon Wreath and brought me a piece to enjoy in bed while I read my Bible.  Then the whole family sang and worshipped together until our hearts were full.  We quarantined ourselves until we had been fever free for 24 hours, and church at home was made sweeter by a sermon from our Conference pastor, Scott.


The kids were delighted to be released, especially Benjamin, who felt the effects of the bug less than any of us.  I watched dark clouds roll in and listened as the thunder got closer, and finally we smelled the rain as it rinsed the dust and soot out of the air.
 

For Benjamin, the rain brought a chance to help out SITAG's operation manager.  While the rain was pounding down, this was a great time to check the downspouts that should be guiding all of that precious water into our rain tanks.  Benjamin and some buddies got to do the climbing and cleaning as they scaled rain tanks and roofs to make sure that SITAG captured every drop of rain that fell on our buildings.  A refreshing day in every way!

1 comment:

Herding Grasshoppers said...

May you all feel better soon! And hurray for the cleansing rain ;D