Saturday, December 22, 2018

Christmas Caroling

Sweet times last night as we filled our bellies with hot soup then sang around our neighborhood and proclaimed Christ's birth with one of my orchestra colleagues and his family.  This may be my favorite Advent tag.  I know I say that with almost every tag we turn over.



Lentil and Chicken Sausage Stew

32 ounces chicken broth
1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
3 fully cooked spicy chicken sausage links (2 ounces each), cut into 1/2 inch slices
1 cup dried lentils, rinsed
1 medium onion, chopped
1 medium carrot, chopped
1 celery rib, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced (I usually double the garlic)
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme

In a 4 or 5 quart slow cooker, combine all ingredients.  Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours  or until lentils are tender.

No comments: