Wednesday, December 5, 2018

"Therefore you do not lack any spiritual gift as you eagerly wait for our Lord Jesus Christ to be revealed.  He will keep you strong to the end, so that you will be blameless on the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.  God, who has called you into fellowship with his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, is faithful."  1 Corinthians 1:7-9


"Turn our eyes this season from the temporary satisfaction we crave and plant in us a constant hunger for you alone.  Remind us in the waiting that you have already enriched our lives in every way, providing us with every good gift that we don't even know we need."  

This was the reading the day before one of THOSE days.  A day when my pride kept slamming me up against the wall.  Over and over and over again.  I think this lesson might take more homework than I anticipated.

People canceling commitments at the last minute and marital strife had me gasping.  Only days before, a friend had started a "12 Days of Christmas" Facebook group to energize her marriage and encourage others (loosely based on this blog series), and I pridefully thought, "I have a great marriage!  Don't need to even look at that stuff."  Ka-BLAMM!  Thankfully, I do have a patient, loving husband and a God that provides me with every good gift that I don't even know I need.  A God who strengthens me even as He lovingly points out the pockets of pride that exist in my life.


2 comments:

A Good Kinda Crazy said...

Thanks for sharing your heart and being so honest... Merry Christmas!

Choate Family said...

And thanks for all YOU do to encourage healthy marriages and families!