Friday, January 11, 2019

Friday Favorite Five


Cue the music!  This arrangement of "Nearer, My God, to Thee" never fails to draw my heart upward and "set my mind on things above".

1)  Sarah's new blog.  She's journaling her thoughts and experiences while studying abroad in Uganda this semester, and I'm loving seeing the world through her mature eyes.  It's lovely to watch my kids blossom.


2)  This very fun article on coffee and sports.  Two things that bring smiles into my life and give me a forum to connect with others.

3)  My mop with a washable head.  I use this tool almost every day, and I think I'm going to buy one to take back to the village with me.

4)  We don't talk much about "living in the middle", but I'm thankful for other mamas who can put words to how it feels to live and work overseas.  Stephie write about how it feels to have people go through your trash (been there) and choosing to bring home worn out underwear in your suitcase so nobody sees you throw it away (haven't done that. yet.):

"We live in the “Middle”; in between two worlds which contrast themselves in a million different ways.  To Americans, we are the missionaries who are always in need and the ones who gave up so much. To many people in our host country, we are the wealthy; the glowing answers to meeting their needs and who just need to give more."

5)  An exciting book list to look forward to reading in 2019.  I'm always on the lookout for books to lug back to share with my SITAG family!

Happy Friday!  What are some of your favorite things going into the weekend?

No comments: