Friday, August 2, 2019

Friday Favorite Five


Spiritual...I need structure in my life, so the She Reads Truth website and app give me a little bit of routine as I wipe the sleep out of my eyes and spend some time with Jesus in the mornings.

Physical...I'm all about accountability in each area of our lives.  And I'm also all about little bits of daily faithfulness that add up in every area of our lives.  Last week, I looked at my exercise app (Map My Walk - love it!) and was reminded of how good it is to track those small steps of progress.  When I look back, I'm delighted and surprised at the changes God has enabled.  This is true for tracking the books I've read or the scripture that I've memorized.  Keeping a record of progress, no matter how small, is encouraging!


Mental...keeping my Arkansas Teacher's License current is super important to me.  It means buying extra expensive "fast" internet here so I can watch the courses and take the quizzes I need to get my sixty hours of professional development each year.  But it also means I get to be a life long learner and absorb a variety of fascinating material!  I'm getting to learn things like the history of the Buffalo River, agriculture in Arkansas, the importance of integrating the arts across the curriculum, and how neuroscience affects the classroom.  I challenge you to keep your brain active and engaged.  It's so much fun!

Emotional...Finding a good activity or place to go on a date challenges us when we're on this side of the world.  Recently we made a little date out of renewing our drivers' licenses (did you know you can keep the same picture here?).  Sometimes we take a break from wogging and go on a "walky talky" so we can chat while we move, but more often we take advantage of the weekend and watch something like "Inspector Morse" in the comfort of our own home while we grab a sweet snack together.  We used to enjoy these mysteries together before we had children.  The important thing is that we are continuing to look for ways to stay connected and invest in our marriage.


Just for fun...Enneagram And Coffee.  You can follow them on just about every social media platform.  Our evening meals have been made more lively by reading through some of their posts, to the extent that sometimes we can't breathe because we are laughing so hard or pointing fingers at each other in agreement.  Make sure you check out their mugs!

No comments: