Sunday, August 18, 2019

Teamwork

"Your hope is not found in your willingness and ability to endure, but in God's unshakable, enduring commitment to never turn from his work of grace....Perfect endurance demands just that - perfection - and since none of us is there yet, we must look outside ourselves for hope.  Your hope of enduring is not to be found in your character or strength, but in your Lord's."  ~Paul Tripp  



 In the mornings, Aaron works in the SITAG office and continues to fulfill his duties as acting director.  Then he rejoins the rest of the team each afternoon in the conference room underneath our house.  They are workhorses!   


I've been cooking mostly American food that uses ingredients often found in Solomon Islands food, but I knew the team would enjoy some really local cooking (and we would, too!).  So I asked Rosina to be the head chef one day for lunch.  I went to market that morning (I timed it, I could walk faster than I could drive in that bumper to bumper traffic!) to buy the fish and root crops and slippery cabbage, served as her sous chef, and she made all of our tummies SUPER happy.

It's been a crazy busy week, and this weekend we are catching our collective breath as we try to find any ship that might be headed back to our language group.  

No comments: