Sunday, August 11, 2019

Sweet Sabbath

The situation grates against my plans and well-worn desire to be in charge.  Picking something as simple as your destination plays well into the illusion that destiny is your to control, however, this trip has stripped me of making choices.  A part of me is tempted to pack my bags and return home in frustration.  


Yet I sense that If I relinquish control and stop trying to set the agenda, maybe I'll make space for God to move.  I force myself to receive each day as a gift rather than manage it like a to-do list.  It's a tussle, sometimes hour by hour, and with time, my experience begins to shift. 

I sequestered myself away for some much needed reading time this morning, and as I read these words, I thought, "She has taken a peek into my mind!!!"  Obviously, the Lord is teaching me some more, yet again, about handling change and chaos.


Sunday afternoons are sweeter when you borrow Codenames for your family game time.  Especially when an Aussie friend brings by a packet of TimTams as a thank you gift for banana muffins.  I think we came out on top of that trade!

No comments: