Saturday, August 31, 2019

Now You See It, Now You Don't: Part 2

Cross-cultural workers must wrestle with that extra layer of uncertainty, but all over the world, people live in a "now you see it, now you don't" environment.  A world where hiding behind your social media profile is way too easy, and we can go days, weeks without really knowing what's going on in the lives of our friends and family.  Part of dying to self is reaching out to those that God places across my path.


It's up to me to be authentic and give my community a peek into my hidden corners.  And it's also up to me to be kind and gracious when I can't observe the root behind the "now you don't" behavior of my neighbor.  Let's ask each other questions that go beyond "How are you?"  Let's make space in our daily schedules to sit and really listen to each other.  Let's take our strengths that God lovingly placed in each one of us and use them to "encourage one another and build each other up".

No comments: