Friday, April 17, 2020

Eye Health

I should have gone to the eye doctor in December.  It had been a year, and my aging eyes were sending me distress signals.  But we decided to wait until May when we planned for the whole family to go to Brisbane for all of our routine medical exams.  My eye doctor in Brisbane has been taking care of Benjamin and me for many years, and we really like the work they do!  But then the Corona virus hit, and our plans to spend time in Brisbane wilted.  So my eye health has been on my mind a lot lately.



All of the pondering about my physical eyes and how to take good care of them makes me think about my spiritual eyes, and their development.  All throughout scripture, God is at work.  Sometimes people had eyes to see, sometimes they were blind.

And Elisha prayed, "Open his eyes, Lord, so that we may see."  Then the Lord opened the servant's eyes, and he looked and saw the hills full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha.  
2 Kings 6:17

Then their eyes were open and they recognized him, and he disappeared from their sight. 
 Luke 24: 31

God is still at work, and sometimes I'm blind, too.  Open my eyes, Lord, to see situations and people with Your clear focus.

No comments: