Saturday, April 25, 2020

School Update


And POOF, just like that, I have a 7th and a 12th grader under my roof.  I'm choosing to not think about how lonely Katherine and I will be next year when Olivia goes to college and I only have one left at home.  I'm noticing just how lovely my girls are growing, both in body and mind.  We're in Honiara indefinitely, so we're chugging along on school.  We just wrapped up Week 2, and with the uncertainty of the rest of the year, we're being as faithful as we can to complete as much school as possible.


One of my favorite things about school at home is the opportunity to discuss all kinds of things.  Just a few days ago, when talking with Katherine about the fact that Aaron and I shared a locker our senior year and also had five classes together, she commented, "Didn't you ever get tired of looking at his face?!?"

We're still using the amazing Sonlight Curriculum that has been steadfast for the last sixteen years of our homeschool experience.  Olivia is exploring American Government and Economics, Advanced Biology (what I would have called Anatomy and Physiology), Bible, American Literature, Psychology, Rosetta Stone French, Piano, and Violin.  Katherine is continuing her world history studies alongside Apologia's General Science, Teaching Textbook's Pre-Algebra, Bible, Rosetta Stone French, Literature, Piano, and Cello.

No comments: