Saturday, October 17, 2020

Friday, October 9

Aaron got home from working with the translation team in Hae Village just before supper last night.


As much as I love to cook and love on my family with good food, I was thrilled to see that he brought home a big leaf basket full of good leftovers from lunch.


This village always provides amazing hospitality, and Aaron said he ate more seafood in three days than he has in the last year. At least four kinds of seafood and four starchy vegetables filled the basket. We ate our fill and had enough left to share with neighbors.


When I asked my hubby for a report, he told me he was really pleased with the work the translation team was able to accomplish. They held programs for the village each evening and worked on the last revisions of Matthew during the days. Several members of the translation committee live in Hae, and they publicly declared their support and approval for the translation work, which encouraged Aaron.


Aaron also said that the bells for communion woke him up at 4:30 a.m. yesterday, and around 5:30, he was asked to preach for the morning service. Which began at 7. One of my constant prayers for this faithful man has been 2 Timothy 4:2: “Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke, and encourage --- with great patience and careful instruction”.

No comments: