Friday, March 11, 2022

Fabulous (first half of) February

 


I enjoyed many opportunities to sub for music classes in February.  Donning my "Mrs. Choate" moniker is one of my favorite things to do.


My team always makes sure I have a good lunch and a sweet note,


as I take my lunch box and my new favorite backpack from school to school throughout the day.


Aaron and I realized that we had been in America for almost a year but hadn't taken the opportunity to go away by ourselves yet.  Investing in our marriage had taken a backseat to all of the traveling to see our amazing kids.


So we made plans to go to our favorite cabin on Mt. Nebo, lined up my mom to stay with Katherine overnight, and promptly got derailed by an ice storm that closed the state park.  At the last minute, we ended up staying at The Baker just down the road on the well cleared I-40.  Some friends dropped off a sweet card with some cash inside that helped make our overnight possible.


Katherine made my mom French toast for breakfast and they watched opera together while Aaron and I reconnected.  So grateful for the community that worked together to facilitate our getaway.



Katherine continued to plug away at Algebra with the help of her tutor, who also tutored me through high school math and science.  He's so very patient!


We've enjoyed all the opportunities for music for cellotrio, Katherine especially thrives in youth orchestra and taking cello lessons with somebody other than her mom or dad.


For Valentine's Day, our family created one of our favorite Scandinavian recipes from the Great Holiday Baking Book,


and we gathered with neighbors to decorate scads of sugar cookies and spritz to share with the neighborhood.






No comments: