Tuesday, March 15, 2022

On my Bookshelf

 I'm pausing in my flurry of catching up on the blog because I want to share some books I've been reading lately:


Physical Health - I checked out a digital copy of "Mental Fitness: Maximizing Mood, Motivation, and Mental Wellness by Optimizing the Brain Body Biome" by Shawn M. Talbott and listened to the library's audiobook version of "Spark: The Revolutionary New Science of Exercise and the Brain" while getting some cardio in at the gym on below freezing mornings.  Both of these books address the stewardship of our bodies, but they don't neglect the other parts that make up the whole person.  I highly recommend!



Spiritual:  Paul David Tripp never disappoints, and "Awe:  Why it Matters for Everything We Think, Say, and Do" found me highlighting my digital library copy over and over again.  I will end up buying a paper book, which will become dogeared and well loved.



Mental/Emotional: Published in 2020, this book isn't just for parents or people who work with children, it's for all of us.  Encouragement and wisdom abound on every page of "The Power of Showing Up".



Just for fun:  I haven't read Agatha Christie in way too long, so when my hubby asked me on a date to see the new movie "Death on the Nile", I knew I needed to revisit the book.


No comments: