Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Some favorite books

I've come across some books that will be added to my "favorite teaching books" collection.
At the Dallas Library, I found "The Food Journal of Lewis & Clark: Recipes for an Expedition" by Mary Gunderson. Check out her website and learn what "paleocuisineology" is. We can hardly wait to try out some of the recipes while we are reading about the expedition.
Online, I discovered "Literature for Lively Lessons: The Month-by-Month, Week-by-Week, Day-by-Day Guide to Great Picture Books That Will Help You Plan Your Lessons!" by Sheila Edwards, Ed. D. We are going to have so much fun (once I get out of SLACA!) utilizing this book about books. Next week is the birthday of Randolph Caldecott (yes, the honor awarded every year in the US to the illustrator of the most distinguished picture book published in the previous year was named for him), and we are going to enjoy some books suggested by Dr. Edwards.
I hear Katherine waking up from her nap. Hope you enjoy the books along with us!

1 comment:

TheHarriman Family said...

Thanks for all the great homeschooling resources Joanna! We loved Sarah's poem! That girl has some memory!