Monday, February 23, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook



Tuesday, February 24 (it's still Monday in the States!)


Please stop by Peggy's, the creator of this lovely daybook






Outside my window...dark for another hour and Kira, the watch dog, padding across our porch






I am thinking...about my new language helper, Caroline, and how excited I am that God has provided her at just the right time






I am thankful for...SITAG families who provide supper and breakfast when we come back from a trip






From the learning rooms...Civil War, Andrew Carnegie and his famous concert hall (Tchaikovsky conducting on opening night!), Sarah - journaling, addition and subtraction of mixed numbers, Benjamin - multiplying a two digit number with renaming, learning how to correctly write quotes, Olivia - ordinal numbers, making plurals of words that end in S or Z, Katherine - matching sizes and shapes, learning finger plays, PE - concentrating on situps to reach the Presidential Fitness standard, introducing intervals and ear training in piano lessons, Confederate submarine "Hunley" (aka "crew killer"), still more science experiements with magnets, Abraham Lincoln, hymn study - "How Firm a Foundation"






From the kitchen...pancakes for Shrove Tuesday, of course






I am wearing...cotton pajamas still, hair down and unbrushed since it's still a little cool






I am creating...order out of chaos as we unpack






I am going...to learn how to drive on the left side of the road and how to shift with my left hand






I am reading..."Gifts From God: Encouragement and Hope for Today's Parents" by Dr. David Jeremiah






I am hoping...that my nasty ear infection clears up soon






I am hearing...Aaron turning pages, geckos scurrying around trying to catch breakfast






Around the house...Aaron sitting near me as he reads his Bible, children sleeping (hopefully for a while longer), laundry from our trip waiting to be washed






One of my favorite things...children lined up on the couch early in the morning and reading their Bibles






A few plans for the rest of the week: kids singing their favorite Psalms for the SIBTLP (Solomon Island Bible Translation and Literacy Partnership) conference finishing up this week, baking goodies for tea time to share with SIBTLP, mornings spent catching up on science experiements, afternoons spent language learning with Caroline, restocking the pantry after being absent for nine days






Here is picture thought I am sharing...





sunrise picture courtesy of Sarah (did I mention there is a mango tree outside our bedroom window?)

4 comments:

The Hibbard Family said...

Welcome back! Can't wait to hear about your trip. I'm so thankful for the new language helper! I'm continuing to pray as you study and learn.

Anonymous said...

I want to come to see you when the mango is ripe on the tree....I love you all. So glad you are at home. We are praying for you and for Ainsley for the healing of ear infections.
Nahna

quilt'n-mama said...

Great to hear about your day! a mango tree... I'd love a green mango shake aobout now:)Glad to hear you are back from your village week and hope it all went well. You have been in our prayers. Shawn is in Hungary this week, sounds like it has gone well, we are looking forward to him being home.
We love you guys!
Gayly for our crew

quilt'n-mama said...

Joanna,
I know life is busy but just wanted to let you know I left something for you over at my blog:) Hope you have a wonderful day!
Gayly