Friday, July 31, 2009

hanging laundry with a crowd

Thursday, July 9
Sometimes I feel like we live in a glass house. All of the windows are always open, so everyone can hear what we are saying, and we can hear what they are saying, too. However, they have learned the art of speaking softly, and we are still just loud Americans. Since all of the neighborhood kids have been on a school vacation, they frequently hang around our house. One of their favorite things to do is to watch me hang out clothes and tell each other to whom each piece of clothing belongs. So, as I hang up each pair of underwear, the little girls giggle and call out the name of the owner. It's a great chance to get to know the kids and another opportunity to get over my pride.

1 comment:

The Hibbard Family said...

I had to chuckle at this one...especially at the thought of the Choates being "loud" Americans! By American standards, you are one of the quietest families I know!! :-)