Monday, July 27, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook


For Today...Wednesday, June 24
Outside my window...sun shining brightly, a nice breeze blowing and bringing the wind chimes to life, almost ripe molokita (a type of orange) hanging outside the window
I am thinking...that God has convicted me lately to be more encouraging to my children and to take more time to just have fun and enjoy them
From the learning rooms...Spanish American War, Teddy Roosevelt, Wright brothers, switching artists from Georgia O'Keeffe to Jackson Pollock
I am thankful for...our sweet neighbors and their patience with me as I learn their language and their culture
From the kitchen...whatever I find at market this afternoon
I am wearing...blue v-neck t-shirt, red skirt, beaded "salvation bracelet" from a friend in Memphis, hair in a braid (the kids have been commenting on how long my hair is getting!)
I am reading...just finished "These Strange Ashes" by Elisabeth Elliot. If you want a first year missionary's perspective, PLEASE read this book. She echoes many of my feelings as we finish our first year on the mission field.
I am hoping...that our e-mail gets up and running soon. We hate not being able to communicate with our friends and family.
I am creating...lots of banana and mogea (bush apple) muffins to sell at market this afternoon.
I am hearing...the wind chimes (thank you, Lord, for the breeze!), neighbors chattering, a bird taking a bath on top of our rain tank
Around the house...Aaron building more book shelves and a window seat
One of my favorite things...listening in to conversations of my neighbors and being able to pick out a few words.
A few plans for the rest of the week...beginning a garden tomorrow
 

No comments: