Monday, November 16, 2009

Marulaon Woman's Daybook


For Today...Monday, November 16, 2009

Outside my window...dark and quiet, only one close neighbor has their generator running, rain is coming, it's been a good day
 
I am thinking...that I am really going to miss Aaron this week

From the learning rooms...Sarah beginning a new math book with pre-algebra (aaaccckkk!), reading about Armstrong & Aldrin on their moonwalk, Katherine adding colors to her stone sorting with painted egg cartons, finishing up circuits with a fun kit left in the house by the previous family
I am thankful for...our newly finished porch rail-it looks great!

From the kitchen...we enjoyed lots of leftovers today, but just as we were cleaning up supper, Naris brought three small meo (tuna) so I'll cook them tomorrow in coconut milk

I am wearing...green and white striped cotton pajamas, with the rain and the wind it's cool enough tonight to wear pants to sleep!

I am reading...just started "Little Women", I may be working on this one for a while, but's it's been so long since I read it that I wanted to read it again
 
 I am hoping...that I can get out more and visit with the neighbors.  I'm really finding it hard to get everything done with school and the house and still have any time to walk around.
Pondering these words..."...All praise was a sacrifice.  It cost me somthing to lay aside my grief and despair and to thank God.  To worship Him" -- Carol Jo Brazo  
Along with "Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe."  Hebrews 12:28

I am hearing...the hum of the fan Aaron attached to the curtain rod, the heavy breathing of sleeping children, rain coming down outside

Around the house...bananas ripening to make banana bread tomorrow to sell at market, "Thankful" banners made by the kids this afternoon

One of my favorite things...hearing the little girls around here belting out praise songs, "Lod inu hobeam, hobeam..." (Lord, you are good, good)

A few plans for the rest of the week...getting Aaron off to Honiara for his meeting and to practice our emergency evacuation procedures

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...
Katherine in the "ila" (net), one of her favorite places to be
 

1 comment:

The dB family said...

Lol! I have one just finishing up pre-algebra and one who started about two weeks ago. It's starting to get a little over my head :o).

Blessings!
Deborah