Monday, August 16, 2010

Marulaon Woman's Daybook

For Today...Monday, July 19
 
Outside my window...morning sunshine streaming through the leaves
 
I am thinking...about my grandmother and Aaron's dad who both have birthdays this week
 
I am wearing...work clothes, ready to get dirty today
 
I am praying for...my parents who are in the Ukraine helping missionaries there
 
I am going...to move lots of rich dirt to build a bed for transplanting my bell peppers, tomatoes, and slippery cabbage
 
From the learning rooms...studying Mongolia, Sarah finishing up Singapore Math 6B (how can she be so big?!?)
I am remembering...my wedding, thirteen years ago today, and the many people who worked so hard to give our marriage a beautiful start
 
I am thankful for...my amazing husband
 
From the kitchen...cleaning out the fridge before the leftovers go bad
 
I am reading..."Traveling Mercies" by Anne Lamott, it's so bad I probably won't finish reading it
 
I am creating...a yard full of food for my family
  
Pondering these words..."Units of prayer combined, like drops of water, make an ocean which defies resistance."  E.M. Bounds

 
Around the house...a half finished mural of our house and environment created by Sarah (to complement our study of Diego Rivera), a great National Geographic poster of Mongolia with maps and drawings, a paper skull with several overlays created by my kids

 
A few plans for the rest of the week...community cleanup on Friday, welcoming SITAG friends on Sunday
 
Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...our bell peppers are blooming!

No comments: