Monday, June 13, 2011

Honiara Woman's Daybook



For Today...Monday, June 13

Outside my window...kids running and playing and banging seed pods like drumsticks

I am thinking...how nice it is to have neighbors!


From the learning rooms...Julius Ceasar, Cleopatra, Augustus Ceasar, Cicero, Mark Antony; Sarah - writing a mystery, multiplying & dividing fractions; Benjamin - research for his paper on Texas, parallelograms, rhombuses, & trapezoids; Olivia - writing an imaginative story, adding and subtracing money; Katherine - learning about the food groups


I am thankful for...family and friends who work so hard to stay in touch across so many miles




From the kitchen...for breakfast Icelandic Almond rolls from "The Great Scandinavian Baking Book",refrito spread from "The New Laurel's Kitchen" on whole wheat tortillas (bought on the sale rack!) for lunch, and tuna bread braid for supper, shared with company


I am wearing...a yellow cotton t-shirt and a denim wrap-around skirt.  I think this is the last week I'll include this prompt.

I am reading..."The Red Sea Rules" by Robert J. Morgan.

I am hoping...that the Baruku (another ship here in the Solomons) actually goes out tomorrow to take our friends some much needed supplies along with some goodies we've prepared for them.


I am creating...a cross-stitched bookmark for Aaron's paternal grandmother's birthday, if I can get it finished in time, the snowflake stitching is on hold until we get some more white embroidery floss.  Oh, I miss the multitude of craft stores in the States.

I am hearing...the very loud percussive sounds of the seed pods on the concrete


Around the house...it looks like a tornado has come through, paper, crayons, schoolbooks, snacks strewn around the front of the house.  Time to tidy up!

One of my favorite things...hearing my children laugh

Pondering these words..."Wash you face every morning in a bath of praise."  --Charles Spurgeon


A few plans for the rest of the week...going to the airport tomorrow to pick up another translator's daughter coming in from the States, tackling the cataloguing of the rest of the books in SITAG's Educational Resource Center begun by a Wycliffe Associate last year


Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you... Patson and Judy's son, Timmy, playing along in the "seed pod band"

3 comments:

The dB family said...

We have some of those seed pods in our instrument selection for our children at church. They sdtand up really well. Now that we've experienced the heat and humidity of the Philippines, I can better imagine the weather in the SI. I love it, but at the same time I can totally understand how it can get to a person. I couldn't believe that I could break into a sweat standing still in overcast weather.

Abi's Blog said...

Okay, so those are the seed pods - :) I'm a little slow - just figured out by the end of the post what the close photo was! I need to post my YO Ranch photos for Ben's research! Maybe I'll get some blogging done today!
Love and prayers,
Ava

The Hibbard Family said...

Love the seed pod percussion band! I can only imagine the noise! :-)