Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

"Give thanks for what you are now, and keep fighting for what you want to be tomorrow."  ~Fernanda Miramontes-Landeros


Last night, we awoke at midnight to hear the ships blowing their horns, the churches ringing their bells, the neighbors banging their pots and pans, and the dogs howling along.  A few fireworks popped in the night sky while the din continued for about fifteen minutes.  Then, we enjoyed blessed peace.

My guys working towards their hundred pushup challenge

This morning we took some time to talk with the kids about the upcoming year while reading through Proverbs 16.  2012 will bring our family many moves, many hellos and goodbyes, many transitions and many miles logged on boats, airplanes, and vans.  We made some lists individually of things we want to accomplish this year, here are a few of my favorites:

-I want to learn how to ride a two-wheeler bike (Olivia)

-I want to have my own dog.  If I can't have a dog I would like to be a dogsitter (Olivia)

-Ride a rollar coaster (Benjamin)

-Start playing the viola (Benjamin)

-Enjoy having a dishwasher!!! (Sarah)

-Spend time with my great-grandparents (Sarah)

-Be cold (Sarah)

3 comments:

The Hibbard Family said...

I love Sarah's "be cold!"

The dB family said...

Oh Sara, being cold is highly overrated! I type this as the sixth girl heads out to play in the wind and snow.

Praying for you all as you go through lots of big changes this year!

Blessings!
Deborah

Abi's Blog said...

And I hope all of your dreams are fulfilled!
Blessings,
Ava