Sunday, January 8, 2012

Sweet Sabbath

Simply trusting Thee, Lord Jesus,
I behold Thee as Thou art,
And Thy love, so pure, so changeless,
Satisfies my heart.
Satisfies its deepest longings,
Meets, supplies, its every need,
Compasseth me round with blessings
Thine is love indeed.
~Jean Sophia Pigott

Just a few of the blessings encompassing me today:



-strong legs and feet that run up and down the long hall in this house

-this daily organization help in the midst of my packing chaos



-almost empty shelves as we continue to pack

-friends who turn into "onion fairies" and snap up enough onions (at the only store in town that still has onions) for us to take out to the village


-sitting down as a family and listening to a great and much needed sermon sent by friends


-learning that the house we had hoped to be our home in May is no longer available, because it means that God is really going to have to work out the dilemma while we live in Marulaon without any means to communicate with this small town in Arkansas

-flowers from my Lavukal friend Mary reminding me of our blossoming friendship


-six days 'till we get to see Marulaon again!

-a love bouquet of broccoli from my husband, special indeed when it is rarer and more expensive than a bouquet of flowers

5 comments:

us5 said...

a sweet way to celebrate His day...in giving Him thanks! we treasure those sermons from home, too - the on-line versions are the highlight of my week. ♥ praying for you as you pack and prepare, and for peace and joy in the journey!

Kecia said...

We have much to be thankful for, don't we? I always enjoy getting caught up on your blog. With all the happenings your family will face this year, I would have trouble keeping peace in my heart--I will be praying for you.
The bean idea was so creative, as was the Pony cape!
I hope I get to meet you and your family when you're in Arkansas. :)

Leslie said...

Sweet indeed. What lovely things you have enjoyed today. Wow about the broccoli. That is hard to imagine.

Anonymous said...

My heart caught in my throat when I saw those feet. Those are Shannon's feet--so much alike that my heart knew it before my brain quite caught on! Katherine? Those are family feet to be sure.

You know that there will be a place for you when you get home. You'll have volunteers all over town! We love you guys and will manage this last communication cut-off just fine knowing that the other side of it brings ACTUAL, PHYSICAL contact with you. I know it's going to be hard. Holding you in our hearts until we hold you in our arms.

Love,
Liss

The dB family said...

Beautiful gifts! I love the photos too! Praying the packing continues to go well.

Blessings!
Deborah